- Strategic planning
- Business planning
- Marketing strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, law and organization, Georgetown University
- Master’s degree in business administration, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
What Clients Value Most
Brian Hayden empowers clients to think boldly about the future while remaining firmly rooted in the realities of the present. For more than two decades, he has led strategic planning initiatives from coast to coast for the gamut of organizations – privately-held, not-for-profit and public entities. He has augmented his strategy background by successfully managing the implementation of a number of major planning initiatives.
Getting Results for Clients
- Led strategic planning for several of St. Louis’ iconic cultural institutions.
- Helped a third-generation construction company quantify the value of building a team of “A” players and then fashioned a professional development program to systematically boost manager performance.
- Coached the owner of a small, fast-growing, family-run distributorship on how to implement systems to heighten efficiency, clarify roles and add transparency to operations.
- Facilitated the re-engineering of the new product development process for a biotech company with $1 billion in annual revenues.
- Managed a national benchmarking initiative for a network of 40-plus peer organizations to annually assess financial sustainability and program excellence.
Prior to CSI
- Manager for Diamond Technology Partners, a Chicago-based consultancy that is now part of PricewaterhouseCoopers, for four years.
- Business development and market analysis, Sun Microsystems and national IT advisor Gartner Group, for four years.
In The Community
Since returning to St. Louis in 2003, Brian has been active in the community, particularly with organizations that promote education and the arts. He currently serves as the board president of St. Louis Shakespeare Festival. Past leadership positions include vice-chair of Loyola Academy and chair of College Summit St. Louis.