- Strategic Planning
- Board Best Practices
- Talent Development
- Bachelor’s degree in economics and public administration, Georgetown University
- Master’s degree in business administration, University of Virginia, The Colgate Darden Graduate School of Business Administration
- Recognition: 2021 Director to Watch – Directors & Boards Magazine; 2015 St. Louis Business Journal “Outstanding Director;” 2015 Most Successful “40 Under 40” (class of 2003); 2004 Woman of Achievement
What Clients Value Most
Gina Hoagland has led strategic planning engagements for more than 500 companies and not-for-profit agencies in her thirty-year tenure with CSI. She brings a results-oriented pragmatism to planning, coaching, and execution. Her abiding commitment to partnering with clients has helped them elevate the value, impact, and capability of their organizations over the long-term. Gina’s unique talents and in-depth expertise in optimizing trade-offs and fostering collaboration has made her an essential partner for clients’ strategy, governance, advisory, and transition opportunities. In 1994, Hoagland established the CSI talent practice to ensure clients have the people they need for success.
Getting Results for Clients
- Partnered with a family holding company to grow its four distinct and diversified lines of business at a 5-year sustained EBITDA CAGR exceeding 50% annually and creating a diversification exit for one business unit at an industry record-setting multiple in a sale to Private Equity.
- Facilitated the advisory board, strategic planning, talent development, and succession planning for a second-generation family business to reach the #2 spot in the industry (against public company competitors), growing revenues to over $1 Billion and a record setting EBITDA to revenue ratio.
- Professionalized a fourth-generation family-owned manufacturing business through a four-year turn-around that quadrupled business value through organic growth, acquisition, and advisory board engagement, creating an exit for the benefit of the family and senior management.
- Guided a member-owned shared services cooperative through strategy, board development, succession, and recruiting to diversify its holdings, creating enhanced value in the shared services and through a four-digit stock price that tripled over six years.
- Teamed with a producer-owned specialty engineering practice to professionalize the board, develop the next generation (Gen 3) of leadership and lay the foundation for succession and continued growth.
- Mobilized a not-for-profit board to develop the agency strategy, secure new funding sources, and recruit an executive director to revitalize the organization, propelling it to top 10% in the nation against benchmarks.
- Helped a non-profit agency identify a breakthrough approach to constituents, substantially improving the efficiency and effectiveness of its service delivery model.
Prior to CSI
- Financial analyst, Morgan Stanley & Co., for two years.
- Senior associate, Prudential Capital, for two years.
In The Community
Gina is well-known in St. Louis corporate and civic circles. Her fiduciary board resume includes past service as the Chairman of the Board of Triad Bank and a director of Huttig Building Products (NASDAQ: HBP). She is a lead director for multiple privately held companies. She is the current Board Chair of the Saint Louis Club, serves on the Pitzer College Board (Claremont, CA) chairing Nominating & Governance, and the Opera Theatre St. Louis Executive Committee and Board. Former Boards include – John Burroughs (Chair), Missouri Lottery (Audit Committee Chair and Commissioner), Entrepreneurs Organization (STL Chapter Chair), and numerous other corporate and not for profit boards.