- Strategic planning and strategy implementation
- Change management
- Organizational design
- Stakeholder relations
- Marketing strategy and brand development
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration, Management and Organization, U Turku, Finland
- Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration, Management and Organization, U Tampere, Finland
What Clients Value Most
Ida Martikainen helps organizations and executives develop resilient strategies and robust stakeholder relations. She empowers clients to navigate the challenges of transparency, collaboration, and rapid change. Ida has developed, communicated, and executed plans that create intentional change, purposefully aligned with strategic goals, for both privately held and public entities across the globe. Her experience with global operating environments as well as background with technology and innovation offer a fresh perspective for any strategy planning initiative.
Getting Results for Clients
- For three years, led a team that created and executed a go-to-market strategy for an Alphabet company that opened their first European market in Finland.
- Planned a global change management program for a $5+ billion process technology supplier to support employees coping with instability and constant change.
- Redefined the investor relations function for a $65M software and IT provider to support more active collaboration with investors and analysts.
- Was an advisor for a European pharmaceutical company that redefined their purpose and approach for stakeholder relations.
- Planned and executed a purpose initiative for a global confectionary brand that redefined both the physical shape of their product and the marketing/communications of the brand. This initiative led to 15% increase in market share, compared to a month before the campaign launch.
- Most recently: Planned and implemented operations strategies for St. Louis area manufacturing and distribution companies. Coached clients to leverage a tech platform for flexible labor to achieve operational efficiencies and cost cuts.
Prior to CSI
- Director of Business Development for a US nationwide industrial innovation company, Veryable Inc.
- Director of Partnerships and Senior Consultant for a fast-growing strategy advisory, Ellun Kanat, in Helsinki, Finland for five years. Member of the agency’s Leadership team.
- Prior to consulting, Communications Lead for a consumer health technology startup Beddit for four years. In 2017, Beddit was acquired by Apple.
- Long-time member and a coach in the Nordic startup and entrepreneur community.
In The Community
In 2021, the work of her spouse took Ida across the Atlantic, and she moved from Helsinki to St. Louis. Since then, she has been an active volunteer at the International Mentoring Program in St. Louis supporting families and individuals relocating to the area. Also, Ida is an active member of the St. Louis innovation community. For example, she is one of the judges of the annual startup competition, Arch Grants.