- Strategic and business planning
- Advisory boards
- Board governance
Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Carleton College
Master’s degree in Information Science, The School of Information, University of Michigan
Master’s degree in Business Administration, The Marshall School, University of Southern California
What Clients Value Most
Paul Ellebrecht has many years of experience advising leaders in diverse industries and partnering with executives to tackle complex business challenges. Paul’s technology and implementation experience enables him to help clients balance high-level strategy with the practicalities of implementation. Moreover, having worked for companies with 3-350,000 employees, Paul is able to cross-pollinate the best practices of entrepreneurial businesses and large corporations.
Getting Results for Clients
- Conducted quantitative as well as qualitative 360 assessments both for-profit and non-profit executives through a combination of interviews and survey feedback.
- Analyzed financial and user data as part of a national benchmarking initiative for a network of 40-plus organizations to assess sustainability and excellence.
- Identified gaps in board practices for local and national non-profits in order to improve governance.
- Facilitates 3 corporate advisory boards across a range of industries.
- Worked with the development organization of a non-profit in order to redesign job roles and the group’s structure.
- Assisted a $50B client with the creation and build out of an IT organization from initial planning through early stages of implementation.
- Led a team to develop a new IT strategy which created millions of dollars of business simplifications and resulted in reduced IT costs of over 50% per year in preparation for a divestiture.
- Managed technology implementation projects across all parts of the project lifecycle.
Prior to CSI
- Senior Consultant for IBM Global Business Services in the Strategy and Analytics Practice for 3 years.
- Experience working at two early stage startups across various roles.
In The Community
Paul is passionate about the arts and building businesses in St. Louis. He serves on the board of Craft Alliance where he was previously on the Executive Committee and the chair of the Governance Committee. He is also a Judge for the Arch Grants start-up competition and a member of the Board of Visitors for the McDonald Observatory at the University of Texas at Austin.